Topic: Outreach Coordinator for Roots & Shoots at the Jane Goodall Institute China
|Print this page|
|1.Outreach Coordinator for Roots & Shoots at the Jane Goodall Institute China||Copy to clipboard|
Posted by: netlph|
Posted on: 2007-04-28 11:48
This is a full-time position, with a one-year contract signed after a
three-month probation period.
1. Liaison and follow-up with teachers and volunteers who contact the
office about starting R&S groups; maintaining relations with current R&S
group mentors and volunteers through school visits and attending group
activities, as well as maintaining the R&S blog and contributing groups
information to R&S Newsletters; and upkeep of database information about
groups and volunteers.
2. Take the lead in project management for several projects under R&S,
such as the Da Pengyou mentoring program, working with migrant schools R&S
groups, organizing monthly R&S groups get-togethers, and others.
3. Assistance in coordinating several events throughout the year,
including events with R&S groups and volunteers during Jane Goodall’s visit
- At least three years of Volunteer or/and non-profit/NGO experience,
especially with events planning and organization; or/and some prior
experience as a teacher or tutor in a classroom with children or young
- Good written and spoken command of English.
- Open, friendly attitude and determination to build relationships
with partners and to encourage participation and communication from
- Energetic and takes initiative, action-oriented and has
organizational skills; ability to document and follow-through on projects is
- Strong ability to work as a member of a team and to build effective
relations with partners, students and colleagues.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and MS word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access and MS Outlook) and basic internet searching
skills and database maintenance and website update computer skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
Deadline for application to this position is: April 30th 2007
Please send a cover letter and your resume to the following email address: